Thin Brick Calculator
Estimating Brick Veneer Flat and Corners
Check out our full featured Advanced Thin Brick Calculator for more information on your estimate.
1. Measure the width and height of all areas to be covered. Multiply width by height to determine the total square footage of the surface area.
2. On outside corners, you will use special corner thin bricks which will give the appearance of full depth brick (vs. inside corners, which just use flat brick veneer butted together). Estimate the corners required by measuring the total height of the outside wall corners to be covered. This will equal the number of linear feet of corners* needed.
3. Since the outside corner bricks will cover some of the flat surfaces, we need to subtract them from the total square footage required of flat brick veneer. To do this, Multiply the linear feet of corners* by .75, then subtract from the total square footage to give you the actual needed of total square footage for flat brick veneer.
*By example, the linear feet of the corners would include all of the outside corners in the project, measured from floor to ceiling (or ground to roof) and added together. If you had two corners in your project with a height of 10 feet each, you would have 20 linear feet of corners.
4. If you plan to dry stack (no mortar joints) you’ll need 30% more brick (not recommended for exterior applications in cold weather climates)
Example Thin Brick Estimate
Width of wall= 15 feet; Height of wall = 10 feet, total height of corners = 20 feet.
1. Width x Height = 15 x 10 = 150 sq. ft
2. 20 linear feet of corners x .75 = 15
3. 150 sq. ft. – 15 = 135 total sq. feet of flat brick, plus 20 linear feet of corners.
Have a question about Ambrico or Thin Brick? Contact us using the form below, we will respond in 24-28 business hours.