We are glad to assist with material and cost estimates for your brick veneer project, as well as supplying and delivery of Thin Brick, EZ-Wall Panels, Mastic and Mortar. Please be sure to visit our Technical Information page, as it contains detailed information on all the products we supply, instructions and sample diagrams. In addition, please review our Manufacture’s page to see the thin brick we currently distribute.
Estimating Brick Veneer Flat and Corners
1. Measure the width and height of all areas to be covered. Multiply width by height to determine the total square footage of the surface area.
2. On outside corners, you will use special corner thin bricks which will give the appearance of full depth brick (vs. inside corners, which just use flat brick veneer butted together). Estimate the corners required by measuring the total height of the outside wall corners to be covered. This will equal the number of linear feet of corners* needed.
3. Since the outside corner bricks will cover some of the flat surfaces, we need to subtract them from the total square footage required of flat brick veneer. To do this, Multiply the linear feet of corners* by .75, then subtract from the total square footage to give you the actual needed of total square footage for flat brick veneer.
*By example, the linear feet of the corners would include all of the outside corners in the project, measured from floor to ceiling (or ground to roof) and added together. If you had two corners in your project with a height of 10 feet each, you would have 20 linear feet of corners.
4. If you plan to dry stack (no mortar joints) you’ll need 30% more brick (not recommended for exterior applications in cold weather climates)
Example Thin Brick Estimate (Try our Thin Brick Calculator or Advanced Thin Brick Calculator for project estimates.)
Width of wall= 15 feet; Height of wall = 10 feet, total height of corners = 20 feet.
1. Width x Height = 15 x 10 = 150 sq. ft
2. 20 linear feet of corners x .75 = 15
3. 150 sq. ft. – 15 = 135 total sq. feet of flat brick, plus 20 linear feet of corners.
Feel free to contact us directly at 1-866-663-6898 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below and we will follow up with you shortly.