EZ-Wall Mastic is specifically designed and tested for thin brick installation, not only to our patented EZ-Wall system, but any brick veneer installation solution. The mixture has been purposely designed to meet the specific needs of metal to brick adhesion, and tested to this standard. Check out our full featured Advanced Thin Brick Calculator for project estimates. Below are the results of independent tests performed by a certified laboratory.
No matter your installation system choice, EZ-Wall Mastic is the solution for your thin brick project. No other Mastic has been installed, tested and proven like EZ-Wall Mastic.
For installation help, tips and tricks, be sure to review the EZ-Wall Brick Veneer Installation Instructions.
EZ-Wall Mastic Material Safety Data Sheet (PDF)
Performance Testing (download (PDF))
- ASTM C-297-88 – Shear Bond Strength Test of Mastic – Measure bond strength between thin brick and panel.
- Average tensile strength over 100 kg/m2 (150 PSI) was achieved.
- With application of specified amount of mastic, it will take over 360 kg (800 lbs) of force to pull thin brick away from panel.
- ASTM C-297-88 – Shear Bond Strength Test of Mastic – Measure flatwise tensile strength between the thin brick surface area and panel after seven days immersion in water.
- Average flatwise tensile strength was 47 kg/m2 (70 PSI).
- With application of specified amount of mastic, it took more than 450 kg (1,000 lbs) of force to break the bond of a modular size thin brick.
- ASTM C-297-88 – Shear Bond Strength Test of Mastic – Measure mastic shear strength of thin brick surface area to a steel panel after seven days immersion in water.
- Average shear strength was 73 kg/m2 (109 PSI) of thin brick surface area without being mortared.
- With application of specified amount of mastic it took over 815 kg (1,800 lbs) of force to pull the modular size thin brick from the panel.
- ASTM C-557 – Mastic – Test and measure physical properties of mastic (shear, tensile, bridging, aging, freeze/thaw).
- Mastic retains minimum shear and tensile values after 500-hour aging, freeze/thaw cycling with a 10mm (3/8”) bridge gap between materials.
- Mastic can be used and specified for application.
- AFG-01 – Mastic – Test mastic for strength, freeze/thaw, moisture and oxidation resistance.
- Strength under and over freezing and wet was higher than 14 kg/cm2 (200 PSI). Mastic durability to moisture and oxidation or aging passed test 100 % with strength value higher than 18 kg/cm2 (225 PSI).
- Mastic is not affected by moisture, freeze/thaw cycling or oxidation even with a 35 mm (1/16”) thick glue line.